Saturday, March 28, 2009

MSi Wind and confusion

It is so fun to have a netbook!

Today at an event while I was using my MSi Wind running OSX, I was approached by a lady that was frowning and looked very confused.

She asked, "Where did you get that TINY laptop?" I replied, "from Amazon.com."

Still VERY confused looking, she explained that she was a mac user, and had never seen a mac like that - and was demanding to know where to get one for herself.

LOL, I sure hope Apple gets on the ball and gets one out the gate soon!

2 comments:

Michael McCready said...

Any experiences like this?:

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/04/six-months-with-a-hackintosh-netbook-it-aint-pretty/

Marlin said...

When I read that article I nearly fell off the sofa laughing. I love my hackintosh. It is my everyday computer, my main computer so to speak. The article does have merit in a few areas. 1. If you have the money get a macbook. I didn't, so I went with the wind. 2. The trackpad is really crappy.

However, I feel the wind is a betterthan the mini 9. I LOVE the keyboard. The screen res issue is not that big of deal, but can be annoying. Remember that it is a netbook not a full blown core2 duo laptop.

So really the only regrets for me will be if apple introduced a < $600 device this year.